If you have some big Fortune 500 type accounts then go for it, but if all your seeing is little small biz pbx of less than 20 phones then i would rather try and get a job.

Sure when you start you may think the money coming in is better than the number you got from your last employer, but when after say the first year you look at what you spend on insurance, an accountant to do your sales tax & state & fed taxes, transport, utilities, etc etc etc you will soon find out that you personally only can keep around 25 cent in every dollar you get in your mailbox if your lucky.

This year i have seen the new systems from small biz almost totaly dry up, just service.
If you lucky enough to have some national type accounts they are still buying new things like Pink Noise systems.

Also don't take this personally but York PA? I could be totaly wrong but how much industry is out there where you live?

one other thing, if your customer tells you "give me a great deal on this system and i know heaps of other biz that i will refer to you" dont believe it it very rarely happens.......

Avalon Services
New Jersey Voip Telephone systems voice & Data Cabling
www.avalonphones.com