I'm having problems with my company's voysys 4 port classic mail system and I was hoping someone might be able to help me. It is used with a Merlin classic 820 w/ feature pack 2 KSU. Since day one of using the system people are always complaining that in the middle of recording a message the unit comes on saying "you are not speaking clearly enough please speak louder." After contacting Lucent they said to have the CO lines checked for noise. The phone co. said that all the lines passed with flying colors. I thought this problem might be with the talkoff function, but to my knowledge that can only be modified via the rs-232 port. Lucent instructed me to reboot(not reset) the system to try to solve the problem, but it didn't help. Two observations I had was that messages recorded are very quiet and that may be why the system is saying callers aren't speaking loud enough. Also the number 5 light on the unit seems to stay lit constantly; I was under the impression that it was supposed to go out after the unit conducted self diagnostics. Had anyone heard of this problem or know any fixes? I was thinking if it was just that that the calls are recorded quitely is there any way or any device to amplify the volume before it goes to the KSU/Voicemail?

Thanks!!!