Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#255330 10/12/04 10:38 AM
lupis52 Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm having problems with my company's voysys 4 port classic mail system and I was hoping someone might be able to help me. It is used with a Merlin classic 820 w/ feature pack 2 KSU. Since day one of using the system people are always complaining that in the middle of recording a message the unit comes on saying "you are not speaking clearly enough please speak louder." After contacting Lucent they said to have the CO lines checked for noise. The phone co. said that all the lines passed with flying colors. I thought this problem might be with the talkoff function, but to my knowledge that can only be modified via the rs-232 port. Lucent instructed me to reboot(not reset) the system to try to solve the problem, but it didn't help. Two observations I had was that messages recorded are very quiet and that may be why the system is saying callers aren't speaking loud enough. Also the number 5 light on the unit seems to stay lit constantly; I was under the impression that it was supposed to go out after the unit conducted self diagnostics. Had anyone heard of this problem or know any fixes? I was thinking if it was just that that the calls are recorded quitely is there any way or any device to amplify the volume before it goes to the KSU/Voicemail?

Thanks!!!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

In the early 90's when Voy-Sys was a useful and popular (sort-of) system, the tech support people could call into it and tweak volume levels and DTMF response. I doubt you could find anyone now, 15 years after, that has the ability or desire to spend any time or money on a fix. I don't want to sound dis-respectful, but it might be time to consider getting your company to invest in one of the most important tools in business, the tools of communication. Voy-Sys and the old tried and true 820 are now used as door stops.
mark

lupis52 Offline OP
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by markk:
In the early 90's when Voy-Sys was a useful and popular (sort-of) system, the tech support people could call into it and tweak volume levels and DTMF response. I doubt you could find anyone now, 15 years after, that has the ability or desire to spend any time or money on a fix. I don't want to sound dis-respectful, but it might be time to consider getting your company to invest in one of the most important tools in business, the tools of communication. Voy-Sys and the old tried and true 820 are now used as door stops.
mark

</font>

One guy quoted me 250, but wasn't sure if he could fix it. He thought it was a software value problem. Yah I understand about getting a new phone system, but the merlin is a little work horse. It's just one of those situations that it does everything we need and has reliable (going on 20 years no problems) except for the voicemail... Thanks for your help though! If anyone knows of any other solutions please let me know!

I would simply say that 20 years is respectable. Also, sometime you should compare what you spent on PC's over that period to phone costs.

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
I just got done with a service call for a campaign headquarters that had an 820D2 on a table with long 8 pin line cords strung on the floor to about 4 or 5 phones. They wanted the system "tweaked" a bit with some minor progamming being needed. I was reluctant to even go out there--but went anyway--and I must say--I had a good experience. It was so nice to program a system and have it be so simple---not having to type in codes, not having to lug in the laptop--etc. etc. I had forgotten how quick and easy this system programs. I can see why customers hate to give up on this system. The big drawback is the VM. The Merlins just weren't designed for VM. Too bad.

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,763
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,440 Shoretel
188,296 CTX100 install
187,078 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 103 guests, and 194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024