Hello everyone,

I apologize, but i am just starting school and learning IT stuff and haven't hit the T1 info yet. However, the company I work for is expanding into a new building and I know more about computers than any of them (imagine that lol)and I have a meeting next week w/ the people installing the new phone and network equipment.

I was wondering if someone had the time to explain to me how exactly a T1 works. I know that the plan is to get a T1 line with roughly 100 DID's, (that's basically the total amount of direct phone numbers right?) and the T1 will be used for both internet and phones so we are looking at VOIP (I think).

So if I understand this correctly, we have to choose the # of lines that will be dedicated to the phone system and the rest will go to the internet and that is out of the 24 possible lines that can be used at one time from a T1 line right? I believe as of this moment we are anticipating up to 10 people on the phone at one time, we are not a very large company.

Also, can faxes be sent through a T1 line and if so when receiving a fax that uses one of the 10 lines we selected to be set to the side for the VOIP?

Thank you soo much for taking the time to answer this. I am just trying to ensure I'm on the right track before the meeting I have to go to next week. Best wishes!