When it comes to inexpensive routers for small networks, netgear is generally my brand of choice. Well, I had a customer who called me in to assist them in setting up their network (they went and purchased the routers). I set everything up, tested, then left (this was Friday). Monday, they were down. I reset the routers and waited for an hour (of course, it worked while I was watching.) When it went down again Wednesday, some investigation was warranted. There are some PCs and several MACs on this network (some of which needed updating). At first, I thought it might be the Belkin we were using as a repeater, but everyone on it was having no problems (other than one MAC whose problem went away after I had him do a software update). So, I started looking at the Netgear WNDR3300 and looking for a firmware update (none available). While I was looking, I saw that this model has an issue with dropping network connections. I had them replace it with a WPN824 (none of them had N antennas anyways). No problems since.

Just wanted to pass this one on...