Relevant Background:
We currently have a Sprint Protege system (or maybe thats just the phone?) with approx 42 extensions. We have 1 T1 line, which is handling our phone and internet. We have about 8 salesman nationwide with thier own offices. The system is about 8 years old.

Our goals:
A phone system with a much simpler user interface that will hopefully allow us to take a lot of the maintenance internally (switching extensions, managing voicemail, etc) or atleast a system that doesnt require site visits for this.

I've been given the task in assisting in the selection of our new phone system and I'm a bit clueless as to what I even need to be concerned about. I've read a bunch of posts on this site and the consensus is that the installer is BIG part of the equation and I shouldnt be afraid to ask the hard questions. Problem I have is that I dont know what the hard questions are!

Obviously, I'd love for someone to say "<BRAND> is the system for you" but I doubt this is going to be so easy. If there are features I need or systems i should consider or questions I should ask the our local reps, i'd love to hear from you. If you are a local rep, i'd love to hear from you too! Thanks!

--
Dave

[This message has been edited by cheeseroc (edited December 01, 2004).]