Hello all,
First off, please forgive me for my ignorance when it comes to phone systems.
I am the network admin for a small school district. We are having huge problems with our Comdial phone system dropping calls. I'm not sure of the phone system model, but we have Impact headsets. However, I can probably get any information needed. The phone company refers to it as the PBX. We switched from Pots lines to a PRI. We have 4 schools, and they are all connected via fiber. We wanted to utilize that fiber and have all of the systems talk to each other for intercom purposes, and all of the schools use the PRI for outside calls. There is a voicemail computer at the "main" phone system which the AA transfers all calls.
The company that set all of this up has no idea what is causing the problem. Let me describe the problem:
A person can call our number, and the AA answers. We have the system set up so that you can enter your party's extension at any time. Sometimes you can enter an extension and it transfers the call. Sometimes you get hold music before entering anything at all. A lot of the time, the call is dropped after entering the extension.
The configuration has been checked, and quadruple checked. The phone system firmware/OS has been updated. Lots of things have been updated. laugh
AT&T has done extensive testing on the PRI and finds no problems.
This has been going on for months. I'm at my wit's end. I know there are a LOT of variables involved, but I am hoping that someone here might have a hunch for us to go on. Thanks for reading!