I'm a computer geek, not a telephone geek, so I apologize for my lack of phone system knowledge. Our phone guy completely disappeared, leaving all of his customers high and dry. No notice, no warning, nothing.

I need help from someone near Munster, IN that knows the SVMi-8 inside and out. Another option would be for someone to call me to help me troubleshoot some problems. If you're interested, please PM me and I'll give you contact info.

Can anyone tell me what the "normal" values are in the "Direct Trunk" and "Forward Trunk" menus? I think something happened to the entries that were in there. I'm mostly interested in the parameters for "Take INPUT from", "Store INPUT in" and "Store KEY value in" entries.

Here's the problem I'm having: When a call comes in the caller hears the standard salutation. If they enter a station number, the station will ring just fine. If the phone isn't answered, the caller just hears the standard salutation again, rather than hearing the mailbox message for that station.

It goes like this:

[MOD 01 Day] New call
[MOD 01 Day] CODE = <DT> CID = <706> FID = <706> TRUNK = <707>
Salutation
Searching on Call Code - DT
[MNU Direct Trunk]
[MNU Direct Trunk] Searching on Trunk ID - 706
[MNU Direct Trunk] Searching on INVALID
[MNU Day Main Menu]
[MNU Day Main Menu] Searching on caller entry -225
[EXT 01 Jerry] Transfer to [EXT 01 Jerry] - 225
[EXT 01 Jerry] Immediate release
[EXT 01 Jerry] Answered
SVMi-8 hanging up
[MOD 01 Day] New call - etc.

The extension's mailbox message never plays and nothing is recorded. After the call is transferred, it's treated like a new call again.

This is just ONE problem, so that's why I'm looking for that EXPERT help.

Any ideas?