web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
wizkid Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm a computer geek, not a telephone geek, so I apologize for my lack of phone system knowledge. Our phone guy completely disappeared, leaving all of his customers high and dry. No notice, no warning, nothing.

I need help from someone near Munster, IN that knows the SVMi-8 inside and out. Another option would be for someone to call me to help me troubleshoot some problems. If you're interested, please PM me and I'll give you contact info.

Can anyone tell me what the "normal" values are in the "Direct Trunk" and "Forward Trunk" menus? I think something happened to the entries that were in there. I'm mostly interested in the parameters for "Take INPUT from", "Store INPUT in" and "Store KEY value in" entries.

Here's the problem I'm having: When a call comes in the caller hears the standard salutation. If they enter a station number, the station will ring just fine. If the phone isn't answered, the caller just hears the standard salutation again, rather than hearing the mailbox message for that station.

It goes like this:

[MOD 01 Day] New call
[MOD 01 Day] CODE = <DT> CID = <706> FID = <706> TRUNK = <707>
Salutation
Searching on Call Code - DT
[MNU Direct Trunk]
[MNU Direct Trunk] Searching on Trunk ID - 706
[MNU Direct Trunk] Searching on INVALID
[MNU Day Main Menu]
[MNU Day Main Menu] Searching on caller entry -225
[EXT 01 Jerry] Transfer to [EXT 01 Jerry] - 225
[EXT 01 Jerry] Immediate release
[EXT 01 Jerry] Answered
SVMi-8 hanging up
[MOD 01 Day] New call - etc.

The extension's mailbox message never plays and nothing is recorded. After the call is transferred, it's treated like a new call again.

This is just ONE problem, so that's why I'm looking for that EXPERT help.

Any ideas?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I've had the same problems with one of my clients. We are not allowed to post the kind of information you are going to need in the open forum. You might try looking in the yellow pages for an authorized dealer near you. Or we may have a dealer here on the this website.

There are a couple of parameters that need to be checked. You do not want to change the ones you mentioned at the begining of your post, "Take Input" "Store Input", and "Store Key".

PM Sent

Samsung Dealer
www.firstcoastbiz.com
PM me with your contact info.

I am not an SVMI expert,
but it sorta sounds like NO Call Forwarding of the individual stations! (dial 600 - 606).
....But that would be to simple shocked

Or, Secondly, of wierd interest:
... isn't a non-initialized Mailbox
"sounds" like no mailbox?

If this is an existing system, then I would doubt
MY suggestion, if ALL phones have the same problem, one of the GREAT moderators will help.
(and I'll be listening too !!)

Wizkid:

Has this been resolved?

No reply to my PM yet.

Samsung Dealer
www.firstcoastbiz.com
wizkid Offline OP
OP Offline
I've been able to improve things a little, but I still have one nagging problem. Voice mail works fine when customers call the 219 area code number. But when calls come in on 800-number lines, it doesn't work right. The customer will hear a mailbox greeting, followed by the "beep" to record a VM message. Nothing is recorded after the beep and the svmi thinks it hears the 7 seconds of silence that would mean that the caller stopped speaking.

To summarize:
Calls to 219 area code work fine.

Calls to 800 numbers appear to work, but nothing is recorded. The svmi thinks it's hearing the 7 seconds of silence instead of a voice.

800 number calls are obviously being treated differently than the non-toll free number, but I have no idea why.

Thanks for ALL of your help!

for the first problem it sounds like the mailbox and/or extension got deleted in the SVMi, check to make sure the mailbox is still there.

for the second, it sounds like you may have DNIS routing on the toll free numbers, is it on a PRI or T1? if so you probably have them routed to the wrong group or extension... you will need a qualified samsung tech to resolve that issue for you if that is the case.

Since you already seem to know how to get the port logs why don't you post the log for those two types of calls (call forward from extension and incoming call to toll free number) and maybe we can tell more from the logs...

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 120 guests, and 246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024