It's the "snowball effect". DEMARC was installed outside. Then the T1 was installed and they put it next to the DEMARC because they don't want to be responsible for IW between the DEMARC and the remote unit. The remote unit is the DEMARC for the T1- after that it's the customer's responsibility. So no, you cannot legally move it yourself.

Like I said before, this all goes back to the "intelligence" of the owner or contractor who was present when service to the building was installed. I have found that most times with small commercial buildings telephone service is an afterthought. Build the building, finish all the site work, landscape then expect the TELCO to bring in service. It probably wouldn't have cost much if anything to locate the DEMARC inside at a suitable location with a little planning. But once its installed you are stuck with it unless you want to shell out big bucks to have it moved.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.