Originally posted by Briggs:
I am going with the Cat6 to ready myself for the future. I anticipate 10gig to be coming around while I am living at this home and want to be ready for it. Thats the reason for the Cat6. I have worked with it before and do realize it is a little more of a pain to work with.

I am not sure if I can switch the conduit size at this point. I guess I can see if I can get two 2" instead for the same price. My delema comes from the fact that they will charge me a "change order fee" if I make any adjustments to things at this stage. (They just got done rough framing)

The plan is 2 cat6 and 1 coax to each box. I never thought about the smurf tube before. So I am still thinking about that. I think I would need quite alot as I ahve about 20 boxs.

The patch panels are std "high density", 48 ports in 2U space. I have a 42u chatsworth rack I am installing the patchs in. Roughly I will have 16 runs of coax going to it. I am placing the coax patch at the top. skipping 4-6Us down will be the cat6 patch.

You can bet I won't be letting Time Warner touch my stuff.

Nobody said anything about my interpretation of a nail plate, so I guess it is correct then???
Technology points to Cat6 being leap-frogged. There are not terminating devices that can handle the extra throughput.

A better plan, IMO would be to do Cat5e and fiber.

Ain't technology wonderful? Nothing like being on the bleeding edge. smile