I don't agree with Hal and totally agree with Dexman. This days almost every client ask for CAT5E or even CAT6. I am too using color coded jacks and in my opinion it is the right way to do. Yes, almost any system right now have a One pair connection to the Voice network but Legend and Partner still use 2 pair cords but phone jacks are 8p8c and can use Data patch cord to be plugged in into the wall jack as well. Besides the price difference between CAT5 and CAT3 inserts are almost nothing and on 5-6 phones client you are not going to save money anyway. So why bother to do different punch down scheme if you can do uniform 568B on all of them. I don't like attitude of " I don't care what happened in the future" either. If I intent to keep that client then I better off be prepared if he will decide to buy IP system later on. If I will follow Hal's theory customer will blame me later on for not telling him about necessity of rewiring Voice Network in case of going to IP and 100% will drop me as his Vendor. I am proud of not loosing any clients on this ground. I've never was blamed of not telling my customers all choices and possibilities he might faced in the future. That is why my customers stay with me even they decided change the phone system no meter what kind of deal they were offered.