I don't think it's a matter of cost but a matter of stupidity and ignorance on the part of the these customers. They have it in their mind that they don't want a "system" for whatever twisted reason. The XBlue is a system, and by virtue of that is not acceptable no matter how you try to explain to him that it is a less expensive and more practical alternative.

That's the problem today. Back before 1984 if you needed phones you called your Bell company and they would install a 1A2. You had no choice and very few decisions to make but you were assured of consistent quality and operation. After '84 it became a do-it-yourself free for all with so much junk as well as good equipment available and everybody a telecom expert. Every day I wonder how communications even works any more and the answer is that every day it is getting worse and worse because of fools and those who think they are smart enough to re-invent the wheel.

I've lived long enough to have seen that as long a business is restricted to qualified people you are going to have a quality product. When you grant the general public access to that information, equipment and products it's going to turn to S***. Prime offenders (not just related to telecom) are the internet, big box home centers, digital photography- I could go on.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.