Guys -

A couple of comments:

1) I believe the 410 (FOUR TEN) card was a Public Address Access card. You would assign an Intercom station to it and when you dialed that number the signalling burst (either 10v/18v or 105V) tripped the relay and gave you access to a PA system. There were contacts to mute music etc.

I don't think I have prints for it, but I'll look.

2) As I said in an earlier post you could beef up or replace the existing power supply with an external unit. They're for sale on ebay pretty regularly, but they're heavy - high shipping costs. Maybe someone on the board has one they want to get rid of. Personally I wouldn't change it unless I started having trouble. They built a lot of excess capacity into that old 1A2 stuff.

3) Ken, I don't think there was a 239, but there were 359 & 259 card cages. As I recall, the 359 was a single card unit and the 259 was a 2 card unit. They were designed to handle 20 pin cards (like the 414 manual ringdown etc..)that wouldn't fit in a standard 18 pin slot. They were also cheaper then adding a new 584 panel if you ran out of slots.

Someone please correct any errors. It's amazing how much I used to remember and how little I remember now.

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"