Hi again,

I am interested in learning all that I can about the Call Director (old school, small keys) system. I have volume one of the key systems service manual, (1975), but the Call Director sections are not that informative and my ignorance of this subject is quite large.

What would those of you who really know this stuff reccomend me to search out and read before I dive into this? (The reason that I am inquiring is that a very generous phone collector is sending me an 18 button CD in the most wonderful Bell System color available...MOSS GREEN!!) The Call Director is missing the handset (I have spent most of the evening sanding a very oxidized and discolored green G3 handset prepping it for polishing), and the bezel. But that is no problem... I am very close to having my very own CD! Yes, I am posting this at 0100 CST, and have scoured all of the few printed BSPs that I have that might have anything to do with a CD.

What BSPs should I search for? I know that this is not a quick project, but someday, I would like to get this 'on line', so to speak, and actually use it to yak on.

When it arrives, I will post photos.

Thank you once again!

Best,

Joe

Real comms took 200lb teletypes, hand keys, sounders, operators and cranked phones!