I am a full blown dealer, as mentioned the Coral is a good solid product and in a very large applications, 100 or more phones it has it's place. My post was more directed to the Ice product, which is made by T-Com. T-Com does make the Comdial, and the Comdial does not have the same problems as the ICE. T-Com also made the Sprint Protege which is a system I like, and had many problems in the early years. T-Com also makes a Vodavi system.

Comdial has a working cordless phone as does Vodavi, but the ice does not. Bottom line is that I believe that Tadiran does not have the same clout with T-Com that Sprint had and Vodavi and Comdial have. Therefore the Ice is not a priority with T-Com.

My office is less than 30 minutes away from Tadiran, with out airing dirty laundry I can surely tell you they have problems.

IMO, Tadiran will never go belly up, but I do see a change of hands in their future.

"The flexibility of this system has not been matched by any system."

Not true IMHO, the ESI blows them away, price wise, and ease of use not to mention features. The only feature Tadiran has over tthe ESI is the cordless options and Flexi-Call.

Where ESI shines is it is easy to program (new install, much more user friendly than Tadiran, Help feature) Also as an owner of a business it is much easier and less expensive to have my people trained with ESI than Tadiran.

Where Tadiran will shine over the ESI is intallations (single site) that has more than 300 phones. If we are networking sites, 100 phones here and 200 phones there, then ESI is the winner.

I can sell an ESI for the same amount of money that it costs me (my cost, no profit) for the Tadiran.

On the sales end, ESI has a demo kit that blows away all other manufactures. My sales people can demonstrate every feature an give them hands on experience, Tadiran does not have that.

Tadiran is much better than Avaya, Norstar, NEC, Panasonic, Toshiba and all other big name brands, but in my experience as of today, ESI beats them on features and price. When the day is done, the consumer would be a nut not to go with ESI.

Walter