We do NOT have SMTP enabled on ours. I don't see any odd settings that we have in ours. It looks like most settings are defaulted and in my workbook, I have notations that indicate to keep things defaulted. All defaults are "standard" industry settings.

Where you are supposed to put the e-mail addresses---I have a note to remember that it is "case sensitive".

You may be right, though, this may not be the system for you. We have been very pleased with all aspects of the system and the support that we have been given. If you are already having frustrating situations then maybe you better back out before you really have some problems.

Who did you purchase the demo kit from?? That's who should be supporting you, since you have no training. If you can't get support from them, you bought from the wrong company.

What level of software are you using?? Have you upgraded to 7.0??

I don't know anything about GMail accounts, but I'm sure that if those accounts pose a problem for any system---the support people would know that immediately. I would think.

We didn't even attempt to put in our system before we had training. After training two techs, we then put our demo system in our office and we were on the phone for many hours with our vendor support and with Allworx. It's a learning process, for sure....for us it would have been too time consuming to install the thing before any training and without support.