web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#525618 06/29/09 02:13 PM
johhz Offline OP
OP Offline
We can't seem to get the allworx 6x to send an email when a voice message is left in a mail box. Tech support has not been to much help. Has anyone have any in site to getting it to work with dsl service.
Thanks
John

Serving greater Fond du Lac WI with Allwrox and Panasonic Phone Systems
www.fdl.net
www.jzorn.com
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#525619 06/29/09 02:27 PM
Whatever email account you are sending it to could be rejecting it as spam. See if you can find out if that is the case. It will show up somewhere under Maintenance where there is an activity log. Sorry I can't be more specific as I'm just doing this off the top of my head. I had a similar situation a year ago.

St Petersburg
#525620 06/30/09 03:21 PM
johhz Offline OP
OP Offline
We're tryng to send it to a gmail account, so it should go in. I don't believe it is ever leaving the allworx server.

www.fdl.net
www.jzorn.com
#525621 07/01/09 11:15 AM
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Who did you purchase the 6X from???...they should be able to give you support.

I'll take a look at ours and see if I can find something that you may have missed. Our Allworx tech is on vacation for awhile---it's been a year or so since I've been into programming...so I'm a little rusty.

#525622 07/01/09 02:26 PM
Well---do you have the Message Aliases typed in correctly??

#525623 07/02/09 02:37 PM
johhz Offline OP
OP Offline
We signed up as a dealer and are going to school in late July. We are just trying to get the email to work. Message alaises? I don't know what that is. Can you explain?

www.fdl.net
www.jzorn.com
#525624 07/02/09 02:50 PM
Main Menu---look under Business. There Ya go....!!

Again---who did you purchase the system from? They will give you support.

#525625 07/03/09 02:44 PM
johhz Offline OP
OP Offline
We have that info in. We're beginning to think it has something to do with us not subscribing to a "smart Host" server. We don't understand why allworx would use something like that. With panasonic, you just put in the info and it works. This may be a road block to us selling the system and becoming a dealer.

www.fdl.net
www.jzorn.com
#525626 07/03/09 05:05 PM
We do NOT have SMTP enabled on ours. I don't see any odd settings that we have in ours. It looks like most settings are defaulted and in my workbook, I have notations that indicate to keep things defaulted. All defaults are "standard" industry settings.

Where you are supposed to put the e-mail addresses---I have a note to remember that it is "case sensitive".

You may be right, though, this may not be the system for you. We have been very pleased with all aspects of the system and the support that we have been given. If you are already having frustrating situations then maybe you better back out before you really have some problems.

Who did you purchase the demo kit from?? That's who should be supporting you, since you have no training. If you can't get support from them, you bought from the wrong company.

What level of software are you using?? Have you upgraded to 7.0??

I don't know anything about GMail accounts, but I'm sure that if those accounts pose a problem for any system---the support people would know that immediately. I would think.

We didn't even attempt to put in our system before we had training. After training two techs, we then put our demo system in our office and we were on the phone for many hours with our vendor support and with Allworx. It's a learning process, for sure....for us it would have been too time consuming to install the thing before any training and without support.

#525627 07/06/09 05:31 AM
Just a few thoughts... I have no direct experience with the Allworx system, but I moonlight as a systems administrator...

* Is the box doing the sending on the same IP subnet as your mail server? If not, the mail server may be rejecting the message due to it thinking that the voice mail is actually trying to bounce spam off it (relaying).

* Are you sending on to an internal mail server or external? Either may require SMTP authentication to send messages.

* If you're sending out directly to the recipient's mail server, you *may* be hitting spam filter blocks. This opens another can of worms..

Easiest thing would be to use your internal mail server (if you have one) as a smart host. That way, you can send to an "established" mail server that you know works fine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JWRacedog 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nonameyet), 102 guests, and 228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024