I'm a complete newbie, so be gentle with me. We have an Intertel Axxess 7.01. We have only 8 employees and a few more than 8 phones on it, including a few IP phones. A number of things need to be configured correctly and we had a local vendor in to do some of it, but there is still a lot of inconsistency between behavior of phones I think should behave the same way. Before I get into details, I'd like to know what you guys use to gather information from new customers on how they want each phone to behave. I can list off issues, but I want to present a more coherent picture of how the users and phones and hunt groups and mail boxes, and attendant stations should all relate to each other. And I don't completely understand everything the system is capable of, so it would also be helpful to have some sort of configuration planning guide for this effort.

I've looked at the DB studio and with great care managed to do some things like make sure that DID actually goes to the right phone, but I'm wracking my brain over why unified messaging simply doesn't send messages anywhere even after the vendor "set it up" for us. I think some of why things are not working as they should is that my predecessor in this function may not have been clear about what our needs are. I'd like to be more organized in laying out what we want. And I'm not at all afraid of technology - I'd be happy to get in there and do the work myself, again, once I can lay out how it should be. I wish I could get hold of a programming guide, though. It seems you have to jump all over DB studio before you've finished configuring the simplest bit. I asked the local vendor if they would train me for the basic stuff (like making sure that DID calls to phones which are on DND go straight to voice mail. I've looked hard and long at this thing, but can't find a difference between the stations that work right and the ones that just ring forever.

Any guidance any of you are willing to provide will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Paula B