I was recently dumped into being admin on an Inter-Tel Axxess system (which is a really nice system, I'm finding), and the previous admin apparently told the company execs that voicemails could be saved as .wav files. Now we're in a position where we've received a few threatening phone calls (don't ask *sighs*), and some of them were recorded using the VM system. As our company is so small, it was no problem to figure out which .r24 files it is, but although I've figured out the sample rate, I can't figure out the format (8-bit a-law is the closest - but still sounds like aliens trying to make contact), so I can't convert these files on my own. The lawyers need them in a format they can listen to and determine if they are valid as evidence, but calling in to voicemail isn't an option (don't ask me why - I'm just told what to do...)
So... Inter-Tel Axxess, I think it's 7.00something voicemail (Avdap?), and I'm just shy of totally clueless here.
I did see that mrb had a conversion file back in march - I'm hoping that he or someone like him can throw me a bone here.
Thanks!
Michael in Houston