Hey Telephoneguy
I guess I don't know how to setup the association between the mailbox and ext. except to have the same ext in device setup and use the same ext when setting up the mailbox. Is there something more I need to know?

I believe it is an SX200 ml/el. I have about 6 cabinets over our site and various digital and analogue cards on site.

I believe the voice mail is Express Messenger since when I log into the admin box to make changes it says "Welcome to express messenger telephone administration..."

I know that the phone is forwarded on busy and no answer to voicemail just like all other phones and the mailbox and ext. are both the same as well.

prior to all the deletions, removals, and recreations of the mailboxes I did put a message in the users inbox which they were able to get. Now that I think about it I did not try that myself, but I remember them saying the light wasn't on... I was thining the light was just bad, but perhaps the light wasn't on since the users phone was somehow not associated correctly???

Thanks again.