Greetings,
Some things I can't figure out. My major experience is with Nortel systems large and small. What I can't figure out with the Samsung.
1) Is there a way to have a night button on a set that illuminates? I can do ring plan but as far as I can see the customer has no visualization that another ring plan has been invoked from the set.
2) Automatic Line Preference If the customer wants to pick up directly on an outside line to dial out, I know I can use Hot Line but then to dial an internal number they have to start dialing with the handset in the cradle, I suppose I could put a virtual Single Line on each keyset and call it intercom so they can depress it and dial internally but that seems kinda goofy.
3) On smaller installs where the customer wants all the lines to appear and ring on all the sets and also have dss keys when a call rings in all the dss keys assigned plus the DT keys flash making quite the light show. I tried to set answer by DSS keys to No and that didn't help, did I miss something?
4) Single line sets calling a busy digital set don't ring additional call keys but go to voice mail if set or return a busy, really? The work around I used was program a virtual SLT to the digital sets and busy forward the digital to the VSLT and build voicemail on the VSLT and forward the messages to the Voicemail of the digital set, probably a better way but that's what I did.
Any insights to a better way to handle the above I would be welcome to see them. Maybe I'm just not seeing the solutions clearly.
TIA,
John

John 807