Hello everyone! I'm new to the business world and esi phone systems. I have a mix in my office of the 48 and, I believe, the 24 key system.

The current system has been set up that if a patient calls line one and line one is busy it moves to line two, then three, etc.

The GOAL is to be able to forward calls when the office is not open so a patient can always speak/reach someone. We're looking to forward calls to an outside cell phone or employee's home phone.

What is happening is that when I push the "CFWD" button it prompts me on the screen saying, "FORWARD TO _". I've read the manual countless numbers of times and it seems like this is the time to push in the outgoing phone number. I've tried everything... I've tried using a 9 first, a 1 and then area code but everything I try, after pushing in three numbers the phone stops allowing me to push in more numbers and says, "Invalid entry" and goes back to the main screen.

I've tried so many three digit codes and nothing seems to work. I tried searching google for the answer and came up with nothing. Any help would be very much appreciated! Thank you so much!!