I have never used a Little Giant before, but I have heard they are heavy. I've seen them demonstrated at home-improvement trade shows. My previous employer provided me with a Versaladder. Nice ladder that folded up into a 3-foot section. It folded out to a 6-foot A-frame or a 12-foot non-extendable prop-up ladder, or any crazy configuration you could make it do. The downside is that it's all aluminum, and therefore conductive. Lightweight otherwise. I liked it. I think it also came in one that folded down to 4-foot. Search online for Versaladder. Home Depot used to carry them, but now I think they carry something with square rungs. I tried one, and it hurt my feet when used at an angle.

I now use a 7-foot Werner combo ladder. The one the telco uses. Works as either an A-Frame or an extension ladder. It also has a thing at the top for propping it against a pole. I've also seen them a little shorter. Good all-around ladder. Of course it's a bit heavier than a low-class (rating) 6-foot A-frame, but it also is more flexible.

------------------
[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
| Signal Communication Systems - Fresno, CA |

| Telephone Systems, Voicemail Syste... & Data Cabling - Central Valley, CA