Originally Posted by pdxjim911
Thanks Paul! Wow, your church install looks fantastic. The colors certainly make the whole thing look better then a plain white piece of plywood!

I searched for other backboard colors, but only found blue. I did find a source for mushrooms on a white board. Where did you find red?

Thank you for the complement smile

Ed Vaughn provided me with some really nice Western Electric vintage purple 1/2 field backboards, Suttle jacks & 66 blocks. One of the backboards is used in the Church install and the other is safely tucked away.

There is a company that lists quite a bit of telecom hardware on his site. Ed tipped me off to the outfit, but, when I spoke with the owner, he sells strictly wholesale, and, wouldn't sell to me...which I understand and have no hard feelings.

Solonics

I did find a listing for a retailer that lists metal 66 block backboards.

Primus_Cable

This is a link to the 1/2 field backboards. The site shows 1/4 and full field versions as well.

With the decline of traditional telephone service, color coding isn't observed as closely as it was in the past. Most of the time, a blue backboard is mounted and 66 blocks...if used...are left uncovered...or...a clear snap-on or orange swing cover are used.

The matching swing covers and bridging clips are Siemon brand and were ordered from Graybar. smile

I Love FEATURE 00