DUB,

Thanks for sticking with me. The HG Recall Dest is set to the phantom, so nobody is logging into or out of the hunt group. We use a phantom to transfer to external number. To program the forwarding for the phantom, we have to use the remote forwarding procedure, 359.

When there is a forwarding number the call is transferred successfully. It takes some time, but you explained why, and that is fine. 2 rings is not long to wait for a call to be transferred.

However, when there is not a forwarding number, the call goes to voicemail.

Everything works as it should, except it rings too long when there is no forwarding number. I'm wondering if we are removing the forwarding number correctly (because it is the remote programming feature we have to use). To remove the forwarding number, we are simply executing the remote forward programming procedure and instead of entering the phone number, we are just leaving it blank. I was wondering if there is another way to remove the forwarding from the phantom (does it toggle on and off, for example) - thinking that it may solve the excessive ring problem while transferring to VM when no forwarding number is present.

Does that make more sense? I hope so - I really appreciate your help. Sorry it's so confusing.

Carrie