Originally Posted by ChrisRR
I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of multi pair cross connect wire. I have a spool of 3 pair I use for my 1A2 and I find it unwieldy. I know it's the right thing to use, but what a pain in the butt. I just can't get it to lay down nice with those pretty "drip loops" I've seen in some of the pictures of really good work on here. Mine just looks like crap. I try to do the drip loops but they end up going in every direction except down. Maybe Uncle Arthur will show me how it's done at the TCI show in June. smile

Maybe you aren't using type F if the pairs all seem to come apart. Give it a few twists before you punch it down.

I can't imagine using individual pairs if there are two or three going to the same place. I take the two or three pair in my left hand then maybe two or three inches from the end fan it out in order while holding it that way with my fingers. Then, all at the same time, I slip the wires through the slots and hook them on the 66 block clips. While still holding them in the hooks I form the loop with my right hand finger by applying a slight downward pressure. (Wire should be coming from above from the rings.) I adjust the individual wires on the clip hooks if necessary to see that all wire lengths are the same and the loop is not "coming apart". Then I punch them down.

It takes practice and dexterity but it actually is quite fast.

-Hal

Last edited by hbiss; 01/14/17 12:26 PM.

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.