Originally Posted by hbiss
Looking at your link, I see the Telguard unit is used with a standard emergency phone hotline dialer which is probably already installed in the elevator. The Telguard provides a POTS line for the dialer so it operates same as connected to a land line.

However the roadblock I am running into is they are saying the phone built into the elevator does not have a digital dialer.

When you push the button what do you hear? With a hotline phone you will hear it dial and if it is connected to a POTS line that's obviously the only way it will work. So in that respect I think they are giving you a line of BS.

The only problem I can see is that many jurisdictions require a dedicated copper POTS line. So then if cable and FiOS are not acceptable I can see where they are coming from with cellular.

-Hal
Thank you for taking the time to look at the link I provided.

I have pushed the button and heard dials.

I do the feeling that I was being BS by these guys but I was not certain. Thanks for the advice.

By the day, does your state( NY I presume) require the copper lines for the elevator phones? I have spoken to the head of the state regulator who told me the new technologies such are wireless are fine as long as they have at least a 4-hour battery backup.

Thanks.

Last edited by raidsystemtech; 04/08/17 04:09 AM.