Originally Posted by Rcaman
It would be helpful to know from where the OP is installing this. In PA, you MUST have a copper dedicated phone line. A lot of places try and get away with using a shared line, but if the elevator inspector detects it, he will demand the line be dedicated. We, at one time, used a device made by Viking that allowed two elevators to share one line and, to my surprise, was OK with the inspector. Recently, I had to provide a line for a new elevator and the elevator inspector made me walk him to the Demarc to prove there was nothing else connected to the line.

Rcaman

The state is Utah and I have already cleared it with the regulators.

Centurylink said they have a product called a measured line designed for low use such as elevator phones,security&fire alarms in which you pay a low amount like $23 a month then $.08 cents a minute for ALL calls(even local, toll free, etc...)

However, after signing up for the service the bill came in higher than before. They said it was not allowed in the state, however, I can't find any regulatory agency who will backup the information. I think it may be more like they are not being forced to do it so they refuse to provide the less expensive service.

I'm under the impression the line is identical to a regular pots line except its a lower cost if your usage is low.

In any event, it will be a good day when I can cancel the centurylink lines.

Thanks.