Hi Rcaman,

Thank you for your reply and questions. I always prefer problems like the ones you described as I can sort them our quickly. Unfortunately they are not.

Also sorry for not including some details on the outages so you had to try to fill in the information gap I left. I originally had a lot more detail in the post. I pulled the details out because the post wandered well beyond the intended scope of my post.

Originally I wanted to ask:

"Is there a diagnostic file or files on the CS1000 we can access, through some manner of CLI connection, using either the Administrator or Installer level passwords?"

Another related question:

"Does the CS1000 support SNMP [pref v3] poling or the sending of SNMP traps, or some form of log shipping or SysLog functionality?"

Answering your questions:

The outages we have had seem to be internal to the CS1000.

For reference the CS1000 has:
5 shelves including the base management shelf [with NSP]
5 SIP24 cards
3 ASC cards
16 IVC24 cards
380 60 Gig IP phones

We are staffed 24x7 and have high round the clock call volume.

A couple example outages are:

All 7 IVC24 cards in Shelf 3 stopped communicating with the CS1000
evidence:
- no activity on each cards red LED
- each of the IVC24 card NICs had network layer-2 PDU activity but they did not respond to ping
- the extensions assigned to the 7 IVC24 cards were all showing 'connection lost...' [the phones are connected to different switches throughout the two buildings]
- moving the Ethernet cables to other ports on the same switch and its hot standby twin switch did not restore service to the given IVC24 card
- the IVC24 cards in other shelves to include shelves 4 and 5 continued to functioning without issue
- - - - even after moving some of their Ethernet cables into ports used by the non-communicating IVC24 cards

Twice the SIP24 card 5 spontaneously stopped servicing its outbound SIP trunks 97-120
evidence:
- The SIP24 card's Primary Processor IP address [SIP signalling] did not respond to ping to where it had previously.
- However, the SIP24 card's Secondary Processor IP address [RTP media] continued to respond to ping
- Both of the SIP24 card's NICs showed link and network layer-2 PDU activity
- We moved the SIP trunks that SIP24 card 5 serviced to an unused Outbound Group to temporarily disable the use of SIP trunks 97-120
- Unseating the card and re-seating it allowed it to restart, reload its config and also respond to ping on its Primary Processor IP address

Best regards!

Last edited by ShowMePcap; 07/21/17 02:02 PM.