Well, I see that my original Post has been lost to the ether. So, here's a quick recap:

I have a Mitel in a business that had a working ISDN PRI with Verizon. It was set up as E&M Wink, both directions. The owner decided to switch to Comcast. Comcast sent, to me, their requirements so the PBX can communicate with their circuit. Comcast was providing a ISDN PRI from their "Cloud." Here is their technical response to my question: "Does your equipment support E&M signalling?" Their reply: "Comcast’s PRI does not use E&M, wink start/delay start/immediate start. Comcast uses standard ISDN PRI features only."

With a little more prodding, I found out the terminal equipment is an Adtran 908E. Since I hit a brick wall with Comcast, I decided to contact Adtran technical and find out if they, too, had no clue as to what E&M signalling is. Well, to my happy surprise, Adtran was completely familiar with E&M signalling and the tech I spoke with said they would be happy to instruct the Comcast installer on how to program the Adtran to provide E&M signalling to the Mitel. Now, understand, this was the result of about 20 emails and a few phone calls with Comcast denying ANY cooperation regarding their provided PRI and E&M. They kept missing the point that I was not asking them to change their service to accommodate the Mitel, I just wanted the "box" (in this case, the Adtran 908E) to make the physical connection with the Mitel as E&M.

Today was the cut. Here's an amazing bit of information. The Adtran 908E, Indeed, provides E&M Immediate or Wink signalling TO the PBX. Just to be Comcast, the programming ended up with the incoming signalling E&M Wink and the outgoing E&M Immediate. Really.....Their installing tech asked me to provide him with all the notes I gathered during this ordeal. He wanted them for the NEXT install.

As a Comcast "engineer" once told me: "Well, you know, we are NOT a telephone company." Well, that's EXACTLY my point.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet