We had a very reputable BAD tech for Comcast in our area that even our competitors had to deal with. He would do just as was mentioned above about installing and leaving and not letting any documentation of IP's and/or labeling the numbers. Well he caught me in a bad mood one day when I was on my way to do a cutover with them the client called and said that they didn't have any service and the Comcast tech was there.

I arrive a few minutes later and he was there and as soon as I saw him I asked for his tech ID and he gave it to me. I grabbed my tools walked into the the comm closet and there were his two shiny new used modems (looked like they rolled around in the back of his van) and nothing was labeled. I asked him if he could label it and he said it was not his job, so I smirked walked out of the room and called Comcast and reported an outage. They said well we have a tech onsite and i said "yep and im not sure what he is doing he has been sitting here on his phone all morning, and gave them his tech ID". I then walk in and he is on the phone and said "Did you report an outage" I reply " yep" and he says "Their lines are working" and I say no there not test it yourself, your support doesn't even see the modems" He was on the phone for another hour until a regional manager showed up and was helping him and then they realized that the cable feed to the splitter feeding everything was disconnected outside in the box (I had nothing to do with smile smile !!). Manager was giving him grief asking him how the modems even came online to begin with!! They get everything back up and working and manager comes and tell us they are good to go I walk back and nothing is still labeled, me "are you going to label the 9 telephone numbers?" Tech just glared at me and then they labeled everything. And on his way out the door with his manager standing beside him I say, "now let this be a lesson to always label your lines and give the customer proper documentation of the service you are installing, because if you want to make my job a pain in the ass I will make yours even more"

Fast forward a day and I get a call from a sales rep that we deal with there and he was dying laughing because that regional manager that was out onsite was telling him this story about this tech that caused a big issue because nothing was labeled and he said "I bet I know who this was"