Dean & Hal,

To add some clarity, the space beside the refrigerator is at best 9" wide. The other locations that were
bantered around were above the drop ceiling, outside the office in the stairwell, under some counter
space. Wanting it to be hidden and out of site. All of which I said NO.

As what gathered, was they did not have wall space available for the stuff. And besides it will RARELY
need to be accessed so WHY can't it go there??

The floor plans drawn up by their architect has the placement of desk, file cabinets, windows and doors
to scale. As most all architect plans are laid out nice and pretty. Nobody ever thinks about the infrastructure
of the technology that needs to be installed.

"Oh, I only want to see a wall plate jack on the wall so I can plug my computer to the unseen network/internet
so I can do my job." Some people are just turned off by the viewing of the head end. So I suggested adding
a narrow closet with a couple of doors so it can't be seen. "But it is just wasted space!!" was the comment.

I have another customer that wants me to install equipment that gets added to their network that is stuffed on the floor
under their desk. You have to actually lay on the floor to make connection to the router or switch.
I complain but what else can I do?? I would like to just rip it all out and take up some used wall space and do it
right. If I did, number one I would get screamed at because they can't use that wall for other storage and
number two, never get paid. BTW the owner that sits at the desk is constantly kicking the router and switch
and disconnecting various network equipment. That when the equipment I installed I get a call that "your NVR"
isn't working!!! I have to go in and figure out why, find the loose jack, plug it in, (5 minutes) and send a bill
for an hour service call. Some would say, what's your problem?? You are getting paid!! Yes, but it doesn't
account for the added stress that I don't need.

I am sure you guys have seen the piles and piles crap that is out there and it has never been seen by
any AHJ since the AHJ was never there after the stuff was crammed under a desk, above a ceiling, in a broom
closet, or much much worse.

This project is totally different. It is basically a raw space. New floor plan with NO consideration or plan for
the infrastructure, other than they don't want to see it. The AHJ will not blink an eye, since the refrigerator
probably won't be there when he does his walk through. And if it is, my guess is that he won't notice because
you can see it.

The sad part is that this is for the owner of the building(s) that they rent/lease out, and designs and builds
leased spaces for their tenants in their owned buildings. That I have been working with for 20 years or so.

At this point I have my rough draft of my "nice letter" spelling out the NEC points. Need to add some polish.
I am not sending to try and win the project. More to point of explaining why in should not go as they want
beside the refrigerator. If they change there mind and still want me to do the job I will, otherwise
I am comfortable.

Thanks again for the input.

Les