It seems a bit snooty to me for things to go off line when other forums on this site have the info right in the forum with answers and back and forth. The thing is one word answers help no one and this is a site to help. By keeping info in the thread, there is a permanent record of the information passed that can eliminate the same questions asked multiple times.
With all due respect, I am far from a novice or do it yourselfer. It is obvious no one is reading my posts. I asked simple questions to answer questions in my mind. It is easy to bash someone asking a legitimate question, but it seems real hard for some to give decent answers to simple questions saying one needs to do this or that. As I stated, this is a challenge and I had some questions. Answers will do, telling policy I have not violated is not what I am looking for. You guys may have done all this for a long time, I have only been at it for 50 years or so, but not with motel gear. I have dabbled and was able to fix 10’s and 20’s, but I have not had the oppurtunity to deal with this unit. Help is what I asked for. Answered to my stupid questions is what I need to get the train on the track. This place is in a pickle and I just happen to have enough knowledge with some holes it it to get this thing up and running. My tag line is “The only stupid question is the one not asked as that is the one that can make or break you.” So please, if I have not broken any rules, I am not being nasty, just find a way to just help a fellow phone guy out. There’s not much time left for the die hard guys and pbx’s. IT people want to take it from us.

The only dumb question is the one you don’t ask as that is the question that can make or break you. Brad