Carl, I have gotten help from you many times in the past. Nonetheless not an install forum, I am not installing, I am repairing. I think the dial tone on the test line may have been a fluke. I see no coorolation that if I get dial tone on channel one I should also get it on the other 7.
Sure, I found out there was no password after I did a reset of the ram.by programming using some sheets that were filled out for something else on the site where I got the books, I cleared what I did not need so I thought. Looks like the test line needs a COS assigned and I most likely killed that as I felt I did not need more than one COS. I get that now and will read up on it tonight and make my extension sheets up. I still have to buzz everything out because there is no marking on the running wires. I am sure I will get through this with a little help from my friends.
Oh, if you don’t know, in the older office, ground start took a tech to provide it. A strap had to be removed from the line equipment to provide it. It was worth a dollar to the company to do that. Not so sure it was a money grab. Anyway, have a good night, chat later. Brad

The only dumb question is the one you don’t ask as that is the question that can make or break you. Brad