This is an ACS 509 rev 7

I arrived on site and they told me of a cut cable due to construction. They pointed me to a bad station Identified by a former tech. I plugged it back in at the KSU and this station worked fine.

HOWEVER, like most customers, after that station was fixed they said the original problem that they called the other company for was that the system grabs a line every 5 min or so.

I monitored the CO line and can hear what sounds like a rattle similar to a short ring burst. It draws dialtone but no dtmf for 3-5 seconds then drops and repeats 5 min later. I disconnected CO 1 from the KSU and it grabbed line 2 instead.

I disconnected all the IW’s from the 308ec but trouble stayed
I removed that 308ec card and the trouble cleared so I reseated it and the trouble came back.
I pulled the VM card but trouble stays.
I decided it had to be that station card and replaced it.

HOWEVER the trouble returned with the new card in.

I removed the OTHER 308ec card and the trouble cleared as well.

With 2 new station cards inserted the trouble remained. With either station card removed the trouble was gone.

I backed it up and pulled the batteries. I left it at the default state with the VM out and on restart it continued to seize a line.

I restored their software and left out 1 station card to give them limited service.

Have I missed something here? My next step is to replace the processor & restore as I am out of bullets.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Not_sirius; 09/28/18 01:18 AM. Reason: grammar