First and foremost I must thank everyone here for the stellar help diagnosing this one..

OK, Guys,

This was just another of Ralph's NSTIW problems.

IMHO This is what occurred.

I had been shooting the original line seizing problem too casually and instead of identifying which extension was doing it FIRST, I just began unplugging the RJ14's on each port hoping to see when the line seizure dropped. That's when things got worse. After all the things suggested here I used the DSS to Identify the offending extension. I unplugged it but the the trouble still showed to the other 308 which I HADN'T suspected as is was on an unused but CONNECTED port#40. I removed all the plugs from the 308 but the trouble remained, so I replaced that card and it cleared. I was about to call it a done deal until I got outside in the sunlight. Unknown to me was that 2 earwigs had taken up residence in one of the jacks. When I finally got it out in the light could see inside I could see where I had apparently squished them and the moisture had crossed the data pairs. I used my dental picks to clean it out, reseated it and all was good. I also sprayed insecticide around the cabinet closest.

Had I thought about Hbiss's original recommendation to use DSS keys to locate it, this could have all been avoided. I think the earwigs themselves may have been there a while but were OK until I released the juices by reinserting the plug in 40.

In my world of "half full/half empty but still room for more" I ALWAYS look for the pony in the manure. I justified this to myself with: Well at least I found them instead of it becoming an intermittent that fluctuated for months with the humidity.

Next lifetime I want to be a plumber. They ALWAYS know where the $#!T is coming from. Water problems are always readily apparent. It drips, it sprays, it won't go away, there is none.

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE EXCELLENT TECHNICAL SUPPORT!

Ralph

Last edited by Not_sirius; 10/27/18 01:29 PM. Reason: grammar