Thanks Dans,

If you liked this one watch for the title of my book.

"No $#!t,

There I was.........."

While I only have about 10 chapters ready, I have about 150 more oddball incidents.... Uh... 151 now.

You know STANDARD stuff from the field.

Like when I was still with Pacific Telephone we had made over 20 tech visits looking for noise in vain with a pissed off customer. It all tested fine but I was afraid to stand in her kitchen and tell dispatch it was OK out again so I went to the protector to make the call. Unlike I was told by my supervisors, I usually did not make people lock up their animals. Well I'm talking to the testboard on clear Dialtone again when their big old dumb lab walks up and pees on the corner of the house. SHXHHSSSSHHHSSSXXXXX...... With gloves on I pulled back the IW and found 2 staple holes facing towards the wall. I stripped back the outside sheath and found green corrosion going about 3" up each side. I replaced that section and was THRILLED that I had finally found the recurring problem. I told the customer what it was and she complained about how many visits it took. I told her to have her dog pee everywhere before calling us again.

Just another day in the life of Ralph.....

And I am extremely grateful for the guidance I receive here.