I've got a customer with a DCS - don't know what version, looked in the file cabinet (that's how long ago it was installed) and found paperwork from 1995. It's currently connected to an Esna voicemail with analog integration. The PC the Esna was running on was locked after their I.T guy logged it off, the customer didn't know the password to log back on. Our engineer was able to get it going after bringing it back to the shop. The next day it failed - he then disabled or deleted a script that was causing trouble. It's been fine for a few months, but we want to give the customer some other voicemail options since the PC it's running on is old, the platform it's running on is Windows 2000 or XP. I haven't been with the company that long, I just learned about the Cadence (I believe it's called) voicemail card. There is an available slot next to the DLI card I installed last year.

I believe the CPU needs to be at a certain software level to be able to use the Cadence. I've seen (very old) posts on another forum about PCMMC I think it's called to backup and convert the database. There was documentation to get the file 'via the dialup BBS'! We're not a Samsung dealer anymore, so I'm thinking of other options, such as a new(er) analog voicemail system. If we run into trouble with the database it appears the whole system would need to be programmed from a phone via MMCs. Ideally - keep the DCS as is and find a compatible voicemail. Any other suggestions besides Cadence? Of course the DTMF sent on the channels would likely have to change.