I'm pretty sure this should be an easy question to answer for some of you guys out there. I'm pretty new to 1A2 systems but I have been working with IT and electronics for a long time. I recently found a 620A2 key and power supply to go with it in an old phone company garage and some phones and I want to try to get them to work again. I'm running into a few problems.

The 620A2 I found had an unusual configuration and I think it may be part of the problem. It was filled with 469A KTUs instead of the usual 400Ds.

I checked the output voltage on the power supply and it is producing 10VAC

I'm using a 2565hkm phone with the 50 pin male cord that came with it. Not sure if the phone company guys put it in the cabinet because it was broken, or perhaps had a special setup for it for in house use.

I found a bunch of 400Ds and put one of them in slot A1 and wired up quadrant A1

Here are the problems I'm running into:

1. I hooked up the first quadran.t WB to GW are punched down on rows 2-8, the Ring and Tip from my phone line are on the upper left top two rows. (1A). I hooked up the YS and SY to rows 9 and 10. Bridging clips are in the factory default locations as mentioned in another thread I read on this forum about ringing problems.

I'm not getting any ring or flashing light when I call in on the line. I do hear a buzzing coming from what sounds like either inside of the power supply or the KSU that kinda sounds like a ring though.

2. When I pick up the phone I get a dial tone and the light on both the phone and the KSU turns on. When I press the keys on the phone the dial tone cuts out for a moment but it does not make any touch tone sounds.

3. My goal is to eventually make a break out box that will allow multiple phones to just be plugged in easily by an end user along with RJ11 jacks so that they can easily hook up phone lines. Not sure how to wire multiple phones to this system.

Any help would be appreciated.