On the NEC 9100 is it possible to accommodate this scenario? We replaced a Toshiba CIX which, in turn, had replaced a 3COM which could do this. NEC tech support is saying no but you guys sometimes pull a rabbit out of the hat so I am going to ask...

Site has PRI

The service provider requires an account code to be inputted when dialing any long distance number (1+NXX or 011+)

The customer would like the same code to be sent when fax machines need to make long distance codes. They would like to place the document into the machine to send or initiate sending from the computer and simply input the number like they did on the Toshiba system.

On the Toshiba we were able to assign an LCR table to extensions that would dial the code after a 2 second pause. This would work consistently. I can't quite figure out how to get the NEC to do that.

Another idea I had was to see if, in ARS, the digits could be sent when the PRI sends an acknowledgement that the call was answered. I watched the "D" channel and, when a LD number is entered, there is an answer from the PRI upon which the code can be manually inputted to carrier.

Any ideas? ~ Mike

Michael Meyer