From fax machines which we would need to somehow use a unique ARS table because we don't want this happening on all user's phones...

Dial 9 + 7 digits - No treatment. Just process the call. Same thing all users are doing now

Dial 9 + 1+ 800 (or the other toll free codes) + 7 digits - No treatment. Just process the call. Same thing all users are doing now.

Dial 9 + 1 + NXX + 7 digits (USA long distance) - Pause a few seconds so the service provider can present the tone to enter a code. Use code 8888 from all fax machines (this is to simplify my job and the customer has agreed to this). Have the PBX do this in ARS so the customer just dials the number.

Dial 9 + 011 and up to 16 digits - Pause a few seconds so the service provider can present the tone to enter a code. Use code 8888 from all fax machines (this is to simplify my job and the customer has agreed to this). Have the PBX do this in ARS so the customer just dials the number.

I am wording this relating to how we did this on the Toshiba and 3COM systems that preceded this so I hope this makes sense.

Thank you for your help and the quick reply! ~ Mike

Michael Meyer