Hi there!

As a newbie on this forum I like to introduce myself to you. My name is Jeroen, i'm living in The Netherlands and I work as a train manager at the Dutch Railroad.
I have always been very interested in everything regarding phones, telephone exchanges, landlines, etc. Nowadays almost everyone (here in The Netherlands) is cancelling there landlines because everyone uses smartphones now. I just like desktop phones :-).

Last year I bought a very simple tiptel exchange, wired my whole house and now I have a phone in almost every room. Just for fun. The problem is, it works as a addiction, I want more!
This week I was looking for a more professional exchange and found several second hand NEC SV8100. One guy offered two of them so I bought them, one 19" version and one "small" version. I only need the last one but He gave me the other one to, so I can choose witch cards I want to use. They came with 4 DT700 phones, new in boxes.

So now the adventure begins! I am aware of the fact this kind of exchanges are normally installed by professionals only. As this is a hobby project for me, the challenge is in finding ways to make it work. I hope to have found a place here for some help from experts who think it's fun to help this crazy Dutchman.

At this moment the configuration looks like this:

slot #1
CD-CP00
with Voip and VM98000 InMailcard

Slot #2
CD-LTA
with 8 digital line, 2 single line, a co 1-4/BRI1 and a BRI 2

Slot #3
CD-8LCA
Well, the name says it all ;-)

I found and installed a copy of PCPro, and changed the IP settings of the SV8100 so it matches my local network. I connected two analog phones to it, they work.
For now these are my next goals:

- Connecting the DT700's
- Connecting a landline (this is named a trunk right?) to the CO 1-4/BRI1 port
- Making a call with this analog line
- Connecting a Voip number/trunk to the system
- Making a call with this Voip line
- Starting to understand the basics, settings, etc.

If you have any tips, ideas or anything else, I'm happy to read them. I hope the things I write are understandable, English is not my native language and technical English makes it even harder ;-)

Regards,

Jeroen