At this point I'm more concerned about this than the customer. Their customers will not likely be calling since the customers they service are temporarily shut down for business. In fact the customer contact said it's really not an issue. It just bugs me why it doesn't work. Back at the shop I can transfer to a station forwarded off site with our test system. I see the customer already has a few extensions set up in the Networking tables with associated outside phone numbers going to a trunk group. Two I tried gave me a fast busy from the menu, one I tried gave me music on hold so I assume that one would have been successful calling out,

I couldn't get it to fail when I tried different settings with our system at the shop. The VMI menu of 900 has nothing setup in particular - Action and Sub Action are both set to None for most digits including '2' which is what the stations begin with. I changed the to Action Transfer and Sub Action normal and it still worked, Next time I can go to the customer's site I'll have to check to see how the VMI is set up.