I am trying to set up the Unified Messaging application with the Avaya Partner ACS Messaging module running version 7.0.42.

I have downloaded UmInstall1.0.0.5 which is the match for Partner Messaging version 7.0.X.

I have assigned a static IP to the Partner Messaging Module, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway address input to match my LAN.

I have installed and running the PARTNER Messaging Release 7.0 Administration software. I can run the software, and connect to the Messaging Module to show all of the existing settings. I have also successfully backed up the Messaging Module along with the voice message files. The software is being run on a Windows 7 box using Windows XP Mode (Windows Virtual XP PC).

I created a user profile for the Unified Messaging Application/Service on the Windows 7 box (I also tried this within Virtual XP). I gave the user profile Administrator privileges. I followed the "Avaya Unified Messaging Application Installation and Configuration" manual, installed the software into the new profile, completing the required needed information to reflect the domain name, username and password. In this frame capture it can be seen that both the Unified Messaging and SMTP services are running.

[Linked Image from hammondorganservice.com]

While at the Parameters page of the PARTNER Messaging Release 7.0 Administration, I've entered into the IP address box "Address of the computer running Unified Messaging Application." and clicking on the "Save IP" button, there is a long pause and this error pops up:

[Linked Image from hammondorganservice.com]

I have tried everything I can think of to alleviate the problem to no avail. banghead

For some reason the software cannot find the PC box with the Unified Messaging Application/Service installed and running.

Thanks

Last edited by DonaldR; 08/16/20 09:57 AM.

"Most people don't have a sense of humor. They think they do, but they don't." --Jonathan Winters