I have an IPOFFICE 500.

The story goes.... they had sustained a power outage a few weeks ago. They called because their PRI was not working. I deflected them back to AT&T to test before I dispatched out. Since they didn't call back, I called them 3 hrs later and it was up so I let it go.
The office which is all digital sets did not notice anything else was wrong. Yesterday they had some wiring work to do and that's when I discovered that ALL analog ports (about 80) had no dial tone. I saw 1 module had a red light and another was dark. The other 6 modules were green and the ports had battery but no dial tone. Swapping the power supply from the RED module to the DARK one gave it lights but would only continue to flash red and made no difference so I put them back.

I reset the power to all modules then reloaded the configuration file. The original green lighted modules came back to life and were now working fine.

I have a couple unused 30 port analog modules within the system (These modules are not the ones with removable cards.) that are configured, HAVE dial tone and working but with no stations physically attached.

My question is:

Can I simply remove module #8 and put it where #4 is now without any changes other than moving the expansion cable on the main and the station .cables?

They have 264 ports available but only about 90 active stations with no place to expand the business to. Yeah AT&T saw them coming. $$$$$$... at least I have spare parts.

Thank you for your insight.

Last edited by Not_sirius; 03/09/21 05:55 PM.