<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by locg:
try replacing the card in the first slot of the second cabinet. on a partner one card make evrything behind of it go bad.</font>

locg, I just tried to replace the card in the first slot of the second carrier with several different cards. Two of them were refurbs. from metroline and two others were used "Oh My Goodness" boards with one port down. No luck with any.

Here aere a few other clues, though I don't know if they are significant. First, all of the green lights on the boards are on, no reds. Second, when I move an incoming line from the primary side, line 4 for example, to the expansion carrier to the line 9 spot, it acts like a new line 1 in the carrier. In other words, it is like the expansion carrier, processor and boards all seem to work just fine, but not WITH the primary carrier.

This is what has led me to think that there might be some set-up proceedure I'm overlooking or that this leads up to having a Large number of bad processors, boards, carriers, etc.

For set-up, I have turned on the secondary carrier first at start-up, changed cables, carriers, processors and 206Es. The install instructions simply say plug it in and turn it on.

By the way, Thank you so much for helping!
Thanks, Eric