OK, this is new since we upgraded the ACS from a 6 to a 7 when the 6 went to its maker. Everyone on this site said it started back in May when we installed a new 7 card.

I have 34Ds with 18 buttons programmed as "intercom *nn" where n is the extension in this case 10-33. That way they get an extension status at a glance and 1 button intercom calls throught he HFAI feature.

OK, if I pick up the handset and press an programmed extension button, then speak into the handset, then hang up - the extension that I just intercommed will start to ring with a call transfer distinctive ring. Also, when I push the programmed button the display reads "transfer: ext *mm" And it does this when no lines are on hold. And it will keep ringing and ringing and ringing until the remote extension forces a hangup.

Now if I just press the programmed button, say for ext 20, then go through the speaker without using the handset, all is fine. The remote extension does not ring.

It is only if the handset is used. This is a huge problem now because there recptionist answers all calls and uses the wireless mike and the handset lifter.