Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#86144 08/29/07 01:57 PM
PMCook Offline OP
OP Offline
OK, this is new since we upgraded the ACS from a 6 to a 7 when the 6 went to its maker. Everyone on this site said it started back in May when we installed a new 7 card.

I have 34Ds with 18 buttons programmed as "intercom *nn" where n is the extension in this case 10-33. That way they get an extension status at a glance and 1 button intercom calls throught he HFAI feature.

OK, if I pick up the handset and press an programmed extension button, then speak into the handset, then hang up - the extension that I just intercommed will start to ring with a call transfer distinctive ring. Also, when I push the programmed button the display reads "transfer: ext *mm" And it does this when no lines are on hold. And it will keep ringing and ringing and ringing until the remote extension forces a hangup.

Now if I just press the programmed button, say for ext 20, then go through the speaker without using the handset, all is fine. The remote extension does not ring.

It is only if the handset is used. This is a huge problem now because there recptionist answers all calls and uses the wireless mike and the handset lifter.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
What is your ALS on those ext's?

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Originally posted by mdaniel:
What is your ALS on those ext's?
I don't think it is a R.7 issue, but a all around programing issue.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Yes, when you pick up the handset you have a CO line. Pushing the programmed button transfers the call to that extension. Either hit the Intercom button after going offhook or push the programmed button and then pick up the handset.

Just to test, change automatic line selection to select intercom first. Then use the handset, I bet that it behaves the same way as on the speaker.

WWW.EmeryCommunications.com
Authorized SMB Avaya Business Partner
PMCook Offline OP
OP Offline
Ah yes, very good. I am sure ALS is set for whatever the default is for the R7. I know I was not able to bring any of the programming over to the new CPU and did it all manually. I'll play around with the ALS and see what happens.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
I'd bet a nickel that you recently changed dial tone providers to a CLEC that used an IAD, or, your telco has stopped providing an open loop disconnect before the "receiver off hook" howler.

Yes, it is user error, when you lift the handset you auto line select an open dial tone, you press an auto intercom button and it does a transfer of that open line. BUT, since you never dial anything on that line, it times out, and is supposed to do an open loop to cause the Partner to disconnect before it goes to ROH. The IAD's can do Open Loop on Disconnect (if the distant party hangs up), but NOT on the ROH. Big problem if you do the same thing when checking voice mail, you'll lock up lines into the voice mail.

To test, put a dial tone on hold, and see it if disconnects automatically after 10 to 12 seconds. If not, set your ALS to Intercom first.

PMCook Offline OP
OP Offline
OK, at the same time as we upgraded the CPU they upgraded their Telepacific service. MPower merged with TP and they upgraded to a "dynamic t1" which gave them more channels for voice and data. That would ahve been May.

ALS, is that system-wide or per extesion? If we went intercom first, how would that impact the receptionist's CS10 wireles headset with lifter?

OK, if I pick up the handset and press an programmed extension button, then speak into the handset, then hang up - the extension that I just intercommed will start to ring with a call transfer distinctive ring. Also, when I push the programmed button the display reads "transfer: ext *mm"

Ummm, you sound like the people I train. Try pressing the DSS button FIRST then picking up the handset.

When you pick up the handset first you pick up an idle line. Then you press the DSS button which puts it on hold. When you replace the handset the line with dialtone gets transferred to the extension you were just talking to.

The receptionists extension has to be set to immediate ring for the headset to be able to pick up a ringing line otherwise it will select an idle line and behave as above.

If you had purchased from a local dealer they would have told you this.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Well, yes, TelePacific is the source of the new behaviour. Human nature being what it is, you're never going to get people to stop and think about pushing the auto intercom button before they lift the handset, so ALS is the best route to go.

ALS is programmed per extension, so you will need to do them all. Make it Intercom, then each line in the order they want them picked up, might be first to last, or last to first. When they want to make a call, if they lift the handset first, they can press 9, OR, press an open line. For those that dial on speakerphone, they can just hit an open line to turn on the speaker phone.

The Receptionist's headset with the lifter will still function properly on incoming calls, as the phone connects to whatever is ringing when you lift the handset.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,760
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,431 Shoretel
188,226 CTX100 install
187,069 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, BobRobert), 83 guests, and 133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024