In response to the question, why I would want that many buttons, testing purposes. We have x number of inbound PRI's and x number of out bound PRI's.

I take 7 or 8 fones with 10 CA buttons and make continuos calls to the inbound PRI's. I can watch calls move thru the ckts. I can test failover, I can test D-Channel backup. If we add a span to the AT&T rollover flow(this past weekend) I can very easily test under normal call flow if it does work instead of waiting until tonight when the next storm rolls thru to get busy because it does not work.

The idea of 34 buttons was to allow me to put 3 or 4 sets in one cube and not walk around the call center to 10 different sets.

It's very incremental and controlled.

You learn that most of what AT&T tells you happens should be taken with a grain of salt until you see it

I just have to get up at 2:00am to do it.

Thanx for all the input, oh I almost forgot, I saw a functional description of an 8434 from an AT&T manual when I googled the phraes "how many ca buttons....", had a line drawing of a set, with arrows, labels, that's where I got that.